Wheelers Wednesday Night Spin Class

General discussion about the Victoria Wheelers

Moderator:vicwheelers

Dean W.
Wheelers Wednesday Night Spin Class

Post by Dean W. » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:29 am

I have really been enjoying the Wheelers Wednesday Night Spin Classes. Wes Wood, who is a personal trainer with LimitlessXtraining, http://www.limitlessxtraining.com/about-wes/ runs the classes and is super upbeat and positive in his approach. He gives everyone a Polar Bluetooth Heart rate monitor which throws your data up onto a big screen tv, so you can see how you stack up against everyone else, and work within your target ranges for every set. He then sends you an email afterward so you can see how you did. The classes have really helped me with my cadence, pedalling style and of course fitness. There is a $10 drop-in fee, which is a great value when you consider you are getting the services of a personal trainer for an intense 70 minute session. You need to bring your bike, and a stationary trainer. (OBB does have some trainers available for use for free, but check with Kim Gard or OBB ahead of time if you need one). Although not crucial, it also helps if you bring something to measure your cadence. (Your Garmin or other bike computer). It takes place on Wednesday nights right at the shop at Oak Bay Bikes at 6:00 pm. We are usually rolling by 6:15. There is also a Women's only session on Monday evenings at 6:00. Anyway it's been a lot of fun and I highly recommend it, get ready to sweat! :D
Attachments
Spin Class.jpg
Spin Class.jpg (182.8KiB)Viewed 2217 times