Moderator:vicwheelers

Agoraphobic Cyclist
Your Ride:Depends - Did I cut you off?
Favourite Ride Style:CX
Stopping at The Observatory

Post by Agoraphobic Cyclist » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:41 pm

Sent: November 14, 2017 7:11 AM

Good day,

It has been a while since I have sent out a message to my cycling community distribution list. I hope you all are doing well.

I thought I would take a moment to let you all know that we have a traffic signal change on Observatory Hill. Many of you will note that we have removed the speed bumps above the main building entrance. In place of this traffic calming measure we have added a STOP SIGN in order to better control vehicle and bicycle traffic through the building site and blind parking area. Some of you have already encountered our commissionaire who is assisting to initiate this change. Please adhere to this new requirement, it should not and cannot be ignored.

So far we have statistics that indicate both vehicle operators and cyclists (to a more significant extent) are ignoring this. In addition, many have ignored the Commissionaire who is also flagging the area while we bring this change to everyone’s attention. This is totally unacceptable. Please share information of this traffic signal change with your cycling colleagues and request that they obey this new traffic sign.

Feel free to contact me at the coordinates indicated below if you have any questions. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best Regards,

Clyde Donnelly, FMA
Site Operations Supervisor
Administrative Services and Property Management / Direction des services administratifs et l’immobilier
National Research Council Canada / Conseil national de recherches Canada
5071 W Saanich Rd, Victoria, BC V9E 2E7
Government of Canada / Gouvemement du Canada

Phone 250 363 0004 \ Cel 250 888 1093 \ Fax 250 363 0077 \ Clyde.Donnelly@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Bolded for emphasis