March 17 VCL Caleb Pike race report

Share your ride and race stories, stats, and fabrications here!

Moderator:vicwheelers

JonB
Your Ride:A Dragon
Favourite Ride Style:Dragon style
March 17 VCL Caleb Pike race report

Post by JonB » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:07 pm

There were around 14 racers in the A group at Caleb pike-the low numbers probably attributable to the mtb race at the dump today. Nic Rowe wasted no time and attacked solo on the first lap. The group finally got organized on the 2nd lap and started bringing him back and when we got close a Russ Hayes rider jumped across. Curtis deaden bridged to the two and that was the last we saw of them. Nobody seemed willing to organize a chase until around 5 laps in when the attacks started to go. By lap 7 or so the attacks and counter attacks had whittled the group down to ~6 riders. Steve Bachup and I attacked on the straight stretch after the off camber right turn and distanced ourselveves from the chase group but made no progress on catching Nic and Curtis, who had dispatched the other Russ Hayes rider. With 4 laps to go Steve attacked and I had nothing left. The final was Curtis, Nic, Steve, Russ Hayes guy, me, Andrew from Pro City. Not sure how everyone else ended up but it looked pretty scattered. Overall a fun first race of the season. :D