VCL A Speedway #3

Share your ride and race stories, stats, and fabrications here!

Moderator:vicwheelers

Nick
Your Ride:Tactic
Favourite Ride Style:Road
VCL A Speedway #3

Post by Nick » Thu May 18, 2017 4:07 pm

Wednesday night's speedway consisted of 35 minutes of circles followed by 5 laps. The race became hasty and tasty very quick with a few guys flying off the front (consisting of Brendan, Nick from OBB WS, Ross and Mitch). Seeing no Wheelers up there, I decided to put one in the group and bridged the gap to the break. We worked together for a few odd laps before a 2nd group consisting of Eugene, Isaac and Riley made it up to us, making it 3 Wheelers in the break. The 7 of us organized quick and it was apparent that we would inevitably lap the bunch. It didn't take too long before we were back in the main bunch. I was tempted to try for 2 laps but Eugene said to be smart, so I stayed smart. The rest of the race consisted of a few attacks and counter attacks to make sure no one from the 7 leaders got away. The first bell indicated 1 lap to go for the bunch, so we sat tight but kept an eye on people, particularly Mitch. Shortly after the group sprinted it out, Mitch launched an attack and I latched on. The two of us got a bit of a gap and held it. We both did pulls to keep the others away, although I was happy knowing Eugene and Isaac were right there. I raced a near-ideal race, sitting on Mitch's wheel for the last half lap but going into the final corner, Mitch pulled a sneaky move, baiting me into going for the gap on the inside of the corner which he then closed on me, forcing me in the dirt a bit, scrubbing my speed. I had to settle for 2nd in the sprint, with Isaac 3rd, and Eugene 5th.